Got stuck with 15A279b. No update avail. Please help.

Since even the Beta 2 is available now, updates will not show in the Apps-Store and via terminal.

If I run the OS_X_Software_Update_Seed_Configuration_Utility.dmg, the App-Store will not show any OS-related updates.

1. Do I need to install the El Capitan public version?

2. May I install the Developer Beta2 via USB-Stick and if so, how can I do it?

3. What other options do I have?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Reply

Hi Jochen,

You can use these links to download the 10.11.2 beta update directly from Apple's CDN:

Run the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first.

-Max

Replies

Hi Jochen,

You can use these links to download the 10.11.2 beta update directly from Apple's CDN:

Run the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first.

-Max

Hello Guyz....

I have update my device from iOS 8 to iOS 9.1 but Developer option not Appear in Settings ,

So what i should do to enable Developer option.

Sincerely,

Sachin Daingade

Hey Max108,

are there direct links to the public beta too? Why do these links work if I am logged out of the developer center?

Some Poeple who are neither in the developer program nor in the public beta program got build 15C30 in the last days if they reinstalled from the recovery partition. It seems someone forgot to put a letter after the 30 and it has been recognized as the final build.

I tried that too, but always got back to 10.11.1 (15B42).

Does anyone know if there is a way to install 10.11.2 (15C27e) directly until there is no full installer?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Ingenious, thank you so much Max.

Just wondered why

1. I wasn't able to update as proposed by Apple

2. those links work, are they official and if so, why Apple won't tell us about 'em

3. why do I need to update my firmware

Again, I very much appreciate your help.

Kind regards and a wonderful sunday for you,

Jochen

I think you need to be on the final version of 10.11.1 and install the Update Seed Configuration Tool again. Maybe it's now a newer version of that tool. You can also upgrade to the final 10.11.1 by downloading the full installer of El Capitan from the App Store and install the tool after that.

The links are official. Maybe Max saw them in the Console or installation log. If you update from the App Store there is only one update displayed but it usually contains two files and one of them is the firmware update. I don't know if the firmware is nessesary for every Mac and/or for each new update. I installed an update without it and had no problems.

Hey Sachin,

You have to download 9.2 beta from there:

https://developer.apple.com/ios/download/

After that you can update with iTunes on the Mac by holding alt (on Windows it's shift i think) while clicking on update (not restore) and then choosing the file.

It's because there was no 9.2 beta availabe at the same time 9.1 was released. So your are on the final version of 9.1 and your phone does not know anymore you are on the developer channel because there is no profile you could install for that like it is available for the public beta.

Hey topfenstrudel,

The links above are direct links from Apple's content delivery network (CDN) so they don't depend on you being logged in. They are for the combo update - combo meaning that you don't need 10.11.1 or an earlier beta of 10.11.2 to use it - you only need to have then 10.11 relase as a base.

I follow your logic about the letter after the 30, and that seems the most likely conclusion to me too. As well as the combo update, there is also a delta update listed - delta meaning that it depends on OS X already having been updated to the immediately preceeding beta:

There is no harm in installing 10.11.2 over itself so you could try both and see if one has a higher build number than the other. There is no full installer for 10.11.2 yet that I am aware of, but if Apple have realised their mistake that would explain why reinstalling from Recovery Mode no longer results in a 15C30 build.

-Max

Hi Jochen,

1. I don't know why you (and others) have not been able to update via the App Store or command line, even after setting the update catalog correctly (which is essentiall all that the Configuration Utility does), but based on what I've gathered it seems to be a firewall or certificate problem.
  2. As above, yes, the links are directly from Apple's content delivery network (CDN), which is where the App Store downloads them from too. To that extent they are official. Finding the links is a bit of a hack (or "workaround" might be a better term) but if you cannot update any other way, that is all you are left with.
  3. As topfenstrudel said, all updates include a firmware update that is not visible from the App Store GUI. This is not a firmware update in the sense you may be thinking of - it primarily just updates the Recovery HD and Base OS X partitions to reflect the current build on the System (main) partition.

My Sunday is just that, a very warm and sunny day - lovely for November; thank you 🙂

Best wishes,

Max.

Stuck on 15A279b, 10.11.2 no avail.

Help please!