Test Receipt Validation - Creating a test user

When Apple deprecated openssl with XCode 7 this broke Receigen - a program for creating the code to validate receipts. I've done a lot of work to work around this, mostly by changing the #include statements in the included files from #include <openssl/headername> to #include "headername". This causes the compiler to use the version of the openssl headers in the files provided by Receigen. At least now I can get my Mac App to build. The Receigen inspector says that my app is signed correctly. Now I need to test the code. The developer documentation at Receigen and Apple tells me to create a test user. I'm supposed to export a developer-signed copy of the app and then launch it in the finder. It should exit with error 173. Then the OS should add a valid App Store receipt and relaunch it. It should ask the test user for his apple ID.

The problem is I can't figure out how to create a test user at iTunes Connect. I can create users but there 's no option for what type of user I'm creating. I found the manage users options but none of the options looks like a test user. Is there any description anywhere that actually tells how to do this? Searching these forums I found nothing. I tried to change my options to make myself a test user but I can't change the check boxes.

The developer of Receigen isn't fixing this and doesn't respond to support E-mails. I'm hoping one of you can help me

Replies

>The problem is I can't figure out how to create a test user at iTunes Connect. I can create users but there 's no option for what type of user I'm creating.

If this option isn’t displayed, your user account doesn’t have an appropriate role. Are you actually asking how to add 'sandbox testers'?