pass not call web service

Dear,

I tried to create pass and add into simulator and have program in server to save phpinfo() into file for future programming, but it seems not call web server as expect. Please anyone check my json and give me suggestion.

https://pass.ws/passes/example.php

ps. I check with creating log file and access log and not found anything.

Thanks in advanced.

Lim

Replies

Hi sittichai!

The Simulator is broken for Passbook/Wallet.

It may allow you to install the Pass into the Wallet but it will not communicate with the external web service.

You should try your Passbook on a physical iOS device - I know it life would be easier with doing it on the Simulator but that doesn't appear to be an option right now.

- Simon.

Hi there.

I installed your pass on my physical iOS device - you should be able to see this in your web server logs.

🙂

Simon

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I saw your logs but I cannot get any logs from my physical iPhone or simulator. Do you have any suggestion?

https://psss.ws/passes/ScreenShot1.png

Can I check log in my iPhone?

ps. I am very new in IOS developer. Please give me as much as detail for me to follow/understand.

Thanks in advanced.

Lim

Hi Sittichai,

Sorry, I should have posted this earlier.

1) Connect your iPhone to your Mac.

2) Launch Xcode on your Mac.

3) In Xcode, go to Window menu and select "Devices"

4) Select your iPhone that's listed under DEVICES.

5) You will then see your system log for your iPhone in the "Console output" window.

NOTE: It's not the "View Device Logs". It's the bottom part of your "Devices" window.

Hope that helps.

- Simon.

Hi Simon,

My program still not working. Could you please help me to check my PHP code and my server? if yes, please email me for more information.

Thanks in advanced.

Lim

limparty@gmail.com

Hi Lim,

I've sent you an e-mail to setup a time.

Regards,

Simon

This problem already solve. The problem is my web service have to have trusted SSL certification.

Now I have problem with push notification. I cannot find PHP code that can work with wallet. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advanced

Hi Lim,

I am trying to set up a webserver for my own passes. Would you mind helping me through the process? Did you end up repurposing the example included in WalletCompanionFiles? I can send you a personal email.

Thanks,

Andrew

sittichai or Lim,

if any one can help me please im stuck.

my issue is im not able to update my pass automaticlly.

my open question..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44838318/apple-wallet-not-auto-updating-pass?noredirect=1#comment76691405_44838318

Thanks in advanced

Found this thread while testing my service.

Does Simulator works normally with Wallet or still have problems?

It seems someone quite "privacy aware" has ordered all meaningful wallet feedback to be censored from being displayed in Console – even for authorized developer devices.

Hopefully this gets fexed soon.