Xcode 7.1: Archive Only Error - All frameworks and dylibs for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build

All frameworks and dylibs for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build

So I am building my 3rd party frameworks using Carthage. I am curious if I now need to just use the 3rd party projects within my xcode project to get around this. I believe Carthage does not build it's Frameworks with under Archive or Install

Replies

So what I had to end up doing is just take all my projects from Charthage/Checkouts and drop them into my workspace. Then it finally archived without incident. Carthage version was 0.9.3 as well for reference.

Thank you! This needs to be a bug. Have you filled out a radar?

When building with bitcode on, all your frameworks/libraries must also contain bitcode. Bitcode is generated by performing an Archive or install build while the ENABLE_BITCODE build setting is set to YES. If you are getting pre-built 3rd party frameworks through Carthage, it sounds like those frameworks were not built with the Archive action, and/or with ENABLE_BITCODE on, and don't contain bitcode. Rebuilding them yourself, as you've done, is probably the easiest way to resolve this issue.

Hi All,

I am not using Carthage but i am using my workspace to build embeded framework , i have enabled enable bitcode flag to YES, then i integrate it with a sample application and trying to archive but i am getting the same error

ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/Users/user/Downloads/sampleapp-3/testFramework.framework/testFramework' was built without full bitcode. All frameworks and dylibs for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

It would be great if someone have solution on this.

Thanks