7.1 Won't Install

I keep getting an error installing message, and have to start whole download again from Mac AppStore.

Replies

I see the UPDATE button for Xcode 7.1 in the Mac App Store in Updates. I press it and it goes right back to UPDATE again. So nothing happens. I'll chalk it up to it getting hammered or something is amiss. I'll try again tomorrow morning or something.

Well, LaunchPad is downloading 4.3GB of something - shows empty icon within. Now, several minutes later I'm seeing the download progress in the App Store. So I guess it was working, the UI just didn't catch up for a while.

Same Problem here...

UPDATE:

Ok, I found a solution... I sent the current Xcode version (7.0) via Finder to the trash and restarted my Mac. After that I was able to update Xcode form 6.3 to 7.1. ...Yes, after restart and deletion of Xcode 7.0, a previous version (6.3) of Xcode appears in my applications.

Same error.I downloaded xcode 7.1 see Launchpad 4.3GB of 4.3 gb then get message from mac app store try again purchased page.and I try again 3 times still face same error.

My installation finally happened as expected. I think you might just need to be patient. I didn't need to throw any Xcode away. I usually don't keep older versions of it around as they are fairly massive in size and I don't worry so much about targetting old hardware since adoption rates are so spectacular.

Same here. Nothing helps; restarting, trashing the old Xcode file... nothing.

Can't install either. I try to download. It looks like nothing happens (update button doesn't show progress) but launchpad is showing an install. It finishes downloading, goes to install... then I get "can't load data from the Apple software update server" and I have to do it all over again. I've been trying since 7.1 came out different times of the day.

My other updates went through fine.

Could you please file a bug via Bug Reporter, and post back the number here? Also, please include system log files. Thanks!

Same here. And it has stopped my development cold because I stupidly upgraded my local iPhone test device to iOS 9.1 at Apple's constant insistence and now the app that I archive in Xcode 7.0 won't run on my iOS 9.1 device! Can anyone say "dead in the water"?

The Mac App Store isn't the only place you can get Xcode.

Apple makes every single version of Xcode available for download at developer.apple.com/downloads along with various supplemental tools.

If you go to theapp's page within the AppStore it'll at least say "Installing" with a 4.3 GB download appearing in Launch Pad but again.. it hangs and waits forever

Check to make sure you don't have 7.1 installed and the UI is just messed up. Go to your applications folder, select Xcode and check the version number. I was having this same issue and it turned out that 7.1 was installed. Once I launched it and accepted the EULA the app store recognized this and the UI corrected itself.

Same here, spent hours now trying to install, deleting partial installs, redownloading, again and again and again.

This has stopped my development as I already upgraded my iOS devices!

The Xcode site tries to send you to the Mac App Store if you're trying to get 7.1 The beta it does provide you with a link to download directly. Thankfully the scheme is predictable and here's the direct link for the 7.1 DMG:

Same here. any ideas?