New version submission stuck at Prepare for Submission

My submission is stuck at “Prepare for submission”.

I inadvertently uploaded a build created with XCode 7.1 beta. Therefore, if I try to Submit for Review in iTunes Connect I get an error message stating that the app cannot be uploaded with a beta version of the SDK.

So I prepared a new buildusing the current version of Xcode and try to upload. But the upload in XCode failed with the error “ERROR ITMS-4238:Redundant Binary Upload. There already exists a binary upload with build version ‘2.1’ for train ‘2.1’” at SoftwareAssets/PreReleaseSoftwareAsset”.

iTunes Connect does not give me the option to delete the uploaded build. And the + sign under My Apps in iTunes Connect does not allow me to create a new version. If I anyway attempt to upload a newer version from XCode, iTunes Connect sees the uploaded version but doesn't five me the option to submit it for review.

Therefore, my submission process is completely stuck.

Any advice?

Replies

You will have to increase the build number. If the one there is 2.1 you'll need to upload 2.2 and so on.

Or 2.1.0.1. You shouldn't have to change the user-facing version number (CFBundleShortVersionString), only the internal version number (CFBundleVersion). You should be able to leave the user-visible version number at 2.1.

Yes, I tried that too and increase the version number in Xcode. I changed it to 2.1.1 and uploaded it from within Xcode.

If I go in under My Apps > Activity in iTunes Connect I can see version 2.1.1 but it's entirely blank under App Store Status. If I go in under My Apps > App Store only version 2.1 (and of course 2.0) is listed but no 2.1.1. And here is the kicker: the + button is grayed out for iOS.

THis means that I cannot make iTunes Connect aware of the next version (2.1.1). And 2.1 is still stuck.

I am also stuck at “Prepare for submission”. On my case, nothing is displaying under Build option. I have successfully uploaded the .ipa on Transporter but still it's not showing under Build.