iOS production push notifications not working?

So I have applied notifications into my app, everything was working fine in development and notifications were being recieved, however as soon as I was ready to upload to the app store and switched over to production. I decided to check everything one last time, and I suddenly stopped receiving notifications.

Why did this happen? I've been trying to fix it for hours but had no luck,

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Replies

Couple things to check:

1. Distribution Provisioning Profile(s) have Push Notifications enabled and are valid.
  2. Production APNs Certificate is valid (need a Production one, can't use the Development one).
  3. Suggest creating Ad Hoc build/Provisioning Profile(s) since this will utilize Production certificates. Test on device to see if ok or not.

Restored our iPhone/iPod Touch devices by erasing everything and reinstalling the OS. Did not sync the device or restore old data to avoid putting in the provisioning profiles again.

Deleted all certificates and private keys from keychain on the mac (all including the Apple provider certificates)

Removed all provisioning profiles from xcode.

From the developer portal, we deleted the adhoc and dev provisioning profiles

From the developer portal, we revoked the push SSL certificates for both dev and production versions

Then we regenerated the push SSL certificates, both production and dev. Note that we did not download them from the wizard itself at this time.

We then waited for a few minutes (5-10 mins) and then generated the provisioning profile. Not downloaded yet.

We again waited a few minutes (5-10 mins) and then downloaded the certificates (sandbox and production) and the profiles (dev and adhoc)

We then generated the single PEM file from the certificates and the key only for the production version. We did not even install the sandbox version certificates in our keychain.

Then installed the adhoc provisioning profile in xcode and the device

Started the application and tested a push notification

It worked.