App video preview Error

We include an app video preview in our current app submission. The video uploaded fine and went throught the review process. Now the app is ready for release, but when looking at the preview in iTunes connect it has an overlay over the video with message

"App Video Preview Error Some error has occurred with your app video preview"

Has anyone else seen this?

Replies

Same thing happened to us today. What's weird is it isn't even consistent - out of the 4 preview videos, when I look on iTunes, only the iPad video shows this error. When my brother logs into iTunes, the iPad video doesn't show this error, but, both the 5.5 inch and 4 inch show the error (which show up fine for me).

Since we are both seeing this just today, seems like an issue on Apples end...

By the way, when you said that your videos "uploaded find and went through the review process", what do you mean by that last part? In other words, how can we tell if the way we encoded the video (bit rates, max frame rates, etc) is ok by Apple's standards?

I thought they were correct, since I *maybe incorrectly* assumed videos are part of the review process and my app was approved for release.

had the same issue.

have you actually deleted ALL previous video previews?

There maybe one that you havent deleted....

For us it was a brand new app we just created today on iTunes connect, so no previous videos ever existed. A previous version of the app is also showing the same problems, and it too only ever had one set of videos uploaded. We used the same video for both versions for the iPad App Preview - on the old version of the app that video has the error message, on the new version it doesn't.

Ok thanks, just was hoping there was some way to know before the actual submission (would hate to get rejected for that).

Call them and see what they say. They are very friendly and ready to help you. Then post their reply here. good luck.

I have it, too. I just wrote to Apple today with a screen shot. In my case, I was updating an existing app. Only the 4.7-inch (iPhone 6) screen on the previous iTunes Connect record showed the error (which wasn't there a few months ago).

So in my new iTunes Connect record for the update I deleted the 4.7Inch vid and uploaded it again. It processed fine and I watched it a few times to make sure everything was OK. I submitted my update for beta review, and it just passed the beta test review. Now ALL of my previews have the same "some error has occurred with your app video preview" overlay. Based on this, the error is not from the upload, but from the review process.

Although I've emailed them, I want to push out this update ASAP, so I'll try calling them on Monday as we'll and see what's going on. This seems new, as a string search for the error shows no history of it. My guess it's a glitch from the move to iOS9. I'll post their reply when I hear back.

Ditto. I also have this problem. I uploaded 4 videos. They processed properly and then for a moment appeared to be fine. Then coming back later, they all have "App Video Preview Error Some error has occurred with your app video preview." They were not large files (4-9 MB) and were made using iMovie's App Preview function.

We have not submitted our app for any kind of review, but we have this error, so it can't come from the review process.

If only for moral support I'm getting the same thing, capture for iPad with quicktime, create preview with iMovie, upload to itunes-connect.

Logout come back login the preview plays okay when viewed for the first time but if I navigate away and then come back to the App the preview has the message overlay.

My preveiw is portrait on iPad.

App Video Preview Error

Some error has occurred with your app video preview

Do you have any news on this? I uploaded videos (4.7, 5.5, 4 inch and iPad) a couple of days ago. Similar use case, after successful upload and processing, edited a poster frame and everything was okay for a few hours. Then this overlay with "Some error" message appeared. I repeated the process the day after, but everything was the same - successful upload, okay for the few hours and then error message. I'm going to file a bug report. I'm not sure whether this is only iTunes Connect error with playback or something and video will be submitted correctly to the AppStore or something is really messed up with the video.

Hi guys,

I got a reply from Apple. They asked for more information. Stay tuned and I'll get back to this forum when I get some guidance from them on the issue.

Thanks!

Just in case anyone is interested, I'll share what we noticed over the weekend...

I'm working with my brother on our app under a company name, and we both have access to our company's iTunes Connnect account. If he uploads the videos, he won't see the error anymore (even after a day or two of waiting), but I will. If I delete the videos he uploaded and re-upload the exact same videos, I will no longer see the error, but now my brother will when he checks.

So, this is leading us to believe this problem is just some minor communication error between Safari and iTunes Connect. We decided to submit anyway.

I'd still be interested to hear what Apple says on the matter though.

My guess is there are multiple servers threading out of sync assets causing differently bred caches to be served up when different clients make otherwise segregated requests, so yes, miscommunication - and not something Apple might be willing to cop to in public, so...

Update: Got a reply from Apple. They've created a case with their engineering team. I gave a link to this forum thread in this email, so I hope they will check it for further clues. Based on what people are saying, it definitely sounds like something with their server sync rather than the vids themselves.

Gamblor

I'm thinking I might just submit tomorrow as well. It's an update for iOS 9, so I want to get it out. I just hope they resolve the video issue on their side so I don't have to do another upload just to solve that problem.

I'll post more when I hear back from Apple