Safari Extension state once submitted

Hello community!

As we have not yet submitted our extensions to the Safary Extension Gallery, we wonder what feature might be hidden behind the wall (i.e. https://developer.apple.com/safari/extensions/submission/)!

Specifically, is there any possibility to 'hide' it temporarily from the general public once it has been approved so that we can do further testing w/ the SEG? (e.g. autou-pdate)

Anyone can share their experience?

Thanks!

Replies

Did you find or get an answer to this question?

I too would like to be able to submit my extension to the gallery then run a private beta for a month before unveiling it publically.

You don't have that level of control. Once you submit, it will go live on Apple's schedule.

😊 Yikes.

But you do have the control to hide it or take it offline again, right? OR even just to delete it?

PS Thanks for the response -- I'm still waiting to get my extension approved nearly 2 months now. Granted, partly my fault for not following up quickly enough but it's still pretty slow, especially considering that I had to pay $100 to provide free software to make Safari better. <just saying>

Two months? Ugh... I've been waiting two weeks since my first submission with no word yet from Apple, and I thought that was ridiculous, given that the Chrome and Firefox galleries both approved it within 24 hours.

I was hoping that there was some sort of temporary glitch or bottleneck holding things up, but it sounds like it's more of a chronic problem.

Brutal.