Touch events responding is delayed when 3D touch is ON

Update:

I create a plain app and a keyboard extension to test the touch events. The plain app can respond the touch immediately but the keyboard extension has about 1s lag.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Recently I test my app on the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6sp with 3D touch ON. I notice 3 strange things:

1. When my finger touches on the left edge of the screen, the app responds the touch events after about 1s delay.
  2. When I touch on the left edge of the screen and push with force, the 3D touch task switcher shows.
  3. But if I tap the left edge of the screen, the app can respond the touch events immediately.

I test many other 3rd apps and system apps (notes, contacts) this phenomenon exists too with 3D touch ON. When I turn 3D touch OFF, the app responds the touch events immediately as usual.

On the other hand, the system keyboard responds the touch events immediately whether the 3D touch is ON or OFF.

I guess it’s because the touch events responding conflicts with the 3D touch task switcher. I have tried many 3D touch APIs but have no effects.

Does anyone have an idea? Thanks!

Replies

Unfortunately, the deeper the complexity, the more the lag. Force Touch or "3D Touch" as Apple

is now calling it, is just another touch layer on an already very busy touch management system.

Turn on Voice Over or Guided touch. Same issues. All of these run on the main thread so lag

is to be expected. Keyboards aren't exactly touch events more like buttons in a specific format

which don't utilitize the same touch queues.

I create a plain app and a keyboard extension to test the touch events. The plain app can respond the touch immediately but the keyboard extension has about 1s lag.

I experienced the exact problem!!!

Keyboard extension gets 1sec delay for receiving the touchesBegan event when the following conditions are met:

- 3D Touch is ON (i.e. run in actual device) !!

- The touch happens in the left side of Custom Keyboard view, position X=0 to X=10

I tried many custom keyboard app from AppStore, about 90% of them have such problem!!!

Does anyone know the solution?