Unable to Submit iOS Build for External testing

Update: Solved it. I submited it to Beta Review from command line using fastlane/spaceship and it worked

When I try to re-submit a newer build for external-beta review (Tried with both "Have you made any significant changes" Off and On"), I get an error:

Beta App Description is required.
end ngRepeat: error in submitForReviewData.sectionErrorKeys track by $index
Feedback emails must be in the format: contact@example.com.
Feedback emails are required.
Marketing URLs are required.

All of the fields mentioned in the error are vaild and were not even changed since the last build which was approved before.

Does anyone know what is wrong and/or what I could do to fix it?

Replies

I have the same error

"Feedback emails must be in the format: contact@example.com"

My previous, and first external beta build was reviewed and approved, with working feedback sent to a gmail account.

did you resolve the issue?

Update: Solved it. I submited the build to Beta Review from command line using fastlane/spaceship and it worked

Just stumbled into the same problem. Has anybody solved this problem without using fastlane/spaceship or something similar?

Face the same issue here.

The next button didn't change to enable I filled all the fields.

My next button change, but after I get a message error saying:

Feedback emails must be in the format: contact@example.com.

I know that I have a valid feedback email.

Any update on this?

I just got same issue, adding a minor update to existing test. Seems like bug on Apple site.

Debugged the JS of the release pate and found that Apple asked all the informations for every languages in that page without any error message.

I have the same issue. But noticed the US and UK English versions are different. The UK version has 2 fields missing.

I've just had the same issue, with Canadian English.

Marketing URL and Feedback email feilds are not available. How am I supposed to submit for testing if the fields do not exists?

APPLE?

I found a solution.

Open Chrome developer tools and modify the values of the fields

$( "input[ng-model='data.selectedBuild.buildTestInformationTO.details[data.currentLocIndex].marketingUrl.value']" ).val("your marketing url here")

$( "input[ng-model='data.selectedBuild.buildTestInformationTO.details[data.currentLocIndex].feedbackEmail.value']" ).val("your email address here")

Dear Apple Support Team, it is almost 3 weeks late from the original post and the error still occurs. Are you going to fix this problem?..

Apple Support, We are also having this same error when trying to "Add Build to Test" for external testers in Testflight. We have been trying for a week to get make a build available and have uploaded several builds. We have not been able to add any of the builds and always get the error "Feedback emails must be in the format: contact@example.com." after clicking next.

Support isn't here - use the 'Contact Us' tree via iTunes Connect or call 'em up:

- numbers here.

if anyone is getting this error on Dec 23-27, 2016 (Pacific Standard Time), you can save yourself the hassle of installing and setting up fastlane. I tried it and got the following:

[16] pry(#<Spaceship::Playground>)> build.train_version
=> "0.04"
[17] pry(#<Spaceship::Playground>)> build.submit_for_beta_review!(parameters)
Spaceship::TunesClient::ITunesConnectError: ITC.response.error.DISABLED_FOR_WINTER_SHUTDOWN

So, it's interesting to see that we can upload new builds during iTunes Connect's winter shutdown, but can't submit them for beta review.

9th May 2017 - This bug in iTunes is still here!!!!

Resolved, by having to add English (US) to the Testflight information. (I'm in Australia)

I guess the rest of the world is not that important 😝