Why can't I change my app's rating in iTunes Connect?

Hi there,

I'm in the last stages of preparing my app for submission to the app store. However, I can't figure out how to change the rating / made for kids status of my app. In the earlier version of ITC there was an edit button next to rating, but now it has gone.

Is this normal? Will it ask for rating details on first submission?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

I see this is an old question resurrected from moderation purgatory, but here's an answer anyway.

The rating goes with a specific app version (it can change with each version, for example if you add or remove questionable content). When you are filling out the details for the new version, you do the rating questionnaire there. It won't allow you to click "submit for review" until the rating info has been added.

Im having the same issue, what do you mean when you say "The rating goes with a specific app version" we have no services with our app and no questionable content and still no rating selection option. Also when you say "When you are filling out the details for the new version, you do the rating questionnaire there" nope that didnt happen for us.

Any help ?

DId you ever figure this one out? We are having the same issue with no rating selection.

I found it! Right in front of me.

What was the answer?

1. Go to iTunes Connect > My Apps > Your app.
  2. Under App Store, from the left pane, click on 1.0 Prepare for Submission. (Note that 1.0 may vary depending on your app version.)
  3. Under General App Information, Rating may be edited.

Is it the flow for a new app vs. app update? I think the question was pertaining to app updates.

The answer is pretty simple. In the 1.0 Preparing for submission Page make sure you've already selected a Build of your app. In the General Info section there will be App Icon, version, copyright. Right below the version number there will be Age Rating. Tap 'Edit' to set it.
Ok the real answer is that you find it under prepare for submission -> scroll down to General Information where the app icon is, and there should be an edit button next to the age rating header.

It is actually confusing because the words are the same: to clarify, the location is
Prepare For Submission - > (scroll down to where the app icon is) General App Information

and NOT at:

General -> App information
We also have the same issue, it's been stuck on 'No rating' for a week now and we cannot release.
Actually there is a super tiny link right after the "version" field that allow you to edit the ratings which is quite unnoticeable

My App is in the Ready to Sell mode
I still have no access to editing the app/age ratings
Can someone help?
Click on your app version that is being prepared for release - (x.x.x Prepare for submission)
Scroll down to Version
Just below Version, there is Age Rating and edit button besides it.

Well I just spent a long time searching for this one too.

Go to the "prepare for submission" as described above.

In the left hand bar immediately under General, select App Information.

Now in the main section, under General Information, there is Age Rating. maybe command-F to find it to be sure. cheers

Our case was we had just had our app approved and then published for the first time. That meant we had one release "1.0.0 Ready for sale". When looking at the age rating it just said view, and did not say edit. I couldn't find a way to edit this.

So I created a new release, named it 1.0.1, and just save it without any other changes/content in it. I Now had two releases and 1.0.1 was "Prepare for Submission".

Then I could go to the App Information -> Age Rating and it DID have the edit button.