Promo codes do not work for soft launch

Hi, I make a soft launch of my App in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia and Ukraine.

I generate 50 promo codes for press and letsplayers from Russia and Ukraine.

No one could activate them, all get error "Cannot connect to iTines Store".

Do promo codes work only for worldwide release?

Thanks

Replies

They should work everywhere. I don't know why you're having trouble. Maybe you should use iTunes Connect's "Contact Us" module.

Are you sure those 50 codes are less than 30 days old?

Yes, I made them two days ago.

Yes, I will do this, thanks

I think not being able to connect to the store is the issue, not something fouled with the codes.

In which case, not much to do but keep trying to connect, I guess.

Did you get this to work? We are having the same issues right now as well.

I have the same problem with my promo codes, I have tested 2 and I always get the error message:

"Failure

Cannot connect to iTunes Store"

Did you find a way to fix this problem ? I need to start my promotion asap 😢

Same here. My App is not release yet but that should be no problem at all according to the documents.

Any luck yet?

This seems to be an FAQ recently, so here goes again.

"Error connecting to Store" - does not mean there is a specific issue w/redeem codes themselves. It means what it says, that the user(s) can't get into the store.

The backend is always a bit brittle, but more so than usual lately, I guess, so the only thing to do is to keep trying.

Good luck.

Nope, I sent mail to Apple, but have no answer yet. Meanwhile release date comes and I release my game.

I send ten of my promo keys and no one was activated. At this point I stop send them. I understand, sometimes backend could be busy, but it should no be brittle, and not always.

Also, when you are trying to push your product, arranging with letsplayers, press, asking them to try your game and write a review - they will no keep trying to activate your game again and again, they will activate another one and will be right.

Was your application in "Pending Developer Release" during the problem?

Yes, it's Pending Developer Release stage, however, it confused me also since I fear that after pressing the "Release This Version" button, the app will come on SALE in the App Store while we already have a plan to release it a couple of weeks later. I don't know how to do with the current interface of iTunesConnect also.