Energy Saver & Build Bot

I have a bot that I can trigger thats running on a seperate mac that has Mac OS X server and Xcode. It works well -- it checks out of git, builds, does an analyzer build, make the archive. Real easy to setup. I've got different bots for different branches and its working.

During the course of the day, the Xcode server running on an older mac mini gets hot -- dont want my room to heat up. So, I setup Energy Saver to goto sleep on the server. But there is a checkbox to wake up on network access -- I checked it. I can login and push to this server without an issue.

Problem is, if the server is sleeping and I trigger an integration on the bot in Xcode from another mac, then the bot is stuck on pending. If I login to the server, I hear a lot of grinding on the drive for about a minute, then pending in Xcode goes away and the bot becomes active ( but only after logging into the server ).

Seems like "wake up on network access" is not enough. Are there any other settings in Xcode server to wake it from sleep to do the but integration? The Xcode build service is set to on.

Replies

And thats with El Capitan and Xcode 7. Correction -- "the bot integration?" 😝

Did you ever figure this out? Did Xcode 9 or a later OS have anything to help out the issue?