What are the consequences of "Potential Loss of Keychain Access"

When submitting my app from XCode, I am getting the "Potential Loss of Keychain Access" warning, saying that the application-identifier has changed. I have researched this, and I think I am probably getting this because since I last submitted my app (quite a while ago), I have changed develoment computers and re-created new certificates and provisioning profiles (which had expired).

I am not using any keychain services, so I think I should be fine, but users of my app can save data to a local file within the app's sandbox, and I am worried that if they upgrade, they will lose access to this data file (i.e. I'm wondering/worried that since the app has a new application-identifier, that it may get a new sandbox location and the user will lose their data.)

Does anyone know the consequense of an app having a new application-identifier, in terms of sandbox location and access to data files?

Thanks

Replies

Exact same problem. What is the consequence? Can existing users upgrade? If they do upgrade, do they lose their data? (As far as I know, my app does not use keychain services.)

You lose keychain access but not the local files. They depend on the bundle id not the darn provisioning profiles.