FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain error 1

When running "debug" on the iOS simulator (v 9.0), I regularly get "FBSOpenApplicationErrorDomain error 1" and the XCode debugger fails to connect to the simulator. The code continues to run fine on the simulaotr

.Quitting the simulator & XCode only fixes it some of the times

Deleting the app from the simulator only fixes it some of the times.

Is there any known workaround to this?

Replies

i have the same problem during this week. it's awful. need fix asap.

Have you found a reliable work around?

I've opend a bug with Apple on this issue. Can you do the same? The will likely mark them as duplicates but they claim to take the number of people reporting a bug into consideration when prioritizing a fix.

I've been having this issue since XCode 7.0 GM. It went away briefly while using XCode 7.1 beta but came back yesterday. Other people on my team with older versions of XCode have not had this issue, it only presents when using XCode 7.0 GM or later.

I have to quit the simulator and re-run my app. This bug needs to be fixed. Apple - please fix this for 7.02 asap.

Could yo file a bug report please? Since nobody from Apple has responded to this thread yet, we need to hammer them with the bug reports.

Could you open a bug report with Apple please? Till somebody from Apple responds to this thread we need to hammer them with the bug reports.

I've been experiencing this too. It started happening today after I updated to the final release of XCode 7.1 and OSX 10.11.1

I actually solved my issue. Turns out in my scheme I had environment variables checked for run time arguments but no variables being passed in. By unchecking this my app is now running on the simulator again.

I am also seeing it happening on 7.1 and 10.11.1 though it is happening at a different rate. Usually running the app a 2nd or 3rd time will work, but not always.

Could you file a bug report with Apple on this as well?

remove the app from the home screen in the simulator and/or resetting the simulator does the trick for me.

I have found this to be only a temporary solution - that this defect will re-occur during normal development. Under 7.1, it appears that simply removing the app form the multi-task tray after hitting stop will allow the next run to work. However this is a pain to remember to do this every time when you are trying to focus on fixing your own defect.

Apple responded to my bug report that engineering still has issue under investigation and no resolution available yet. So like I mentioned above - if you are encounterring this issue open up a bug report with Apple for no other reason that they know how many people it is affecting.

I checked my projects, I have no such issue in my schemes.

I get this also, the worst thing is is happens when I run tests. I've got the same problem on my dev machine and my server, so I can't run bots as they fail every time. Even if the tests start, they always throw this message at the end too

I am still getting the same issue in 7.1.1. So they haven't fixed it yet.

Have you filed a bug report?

i did and discovered it only does this if you ui tests. If you remove them, along with the ui Test target the issue goes away, though that means no ui testing. Trying 7.1.1 tonight