turn-based matches and communication with server error

When sending a turn, endTurnWithNextParticipants frequently (perhaps 30%-50% of the time) gives: Error Domain=GKErrorDomain Code=3 "The requested operation could not be completed due to an error communicating with the server." However, after sending the turn and getting this error, from the point of the view of the player who sent the turn, it appears that the turn has been successfully sent. The sending player is able to reload the match. The match data reloaded from GC is the same as the match data that was just sent. But it seems that if this is the first turn in the match, for next participant the turn never not received. Yet if it is not the first turn in the match, for the next participant, the turn is usually still received, despite the error. Thus, it seems there is only a serious problem when you get this error and you are attempting to send the first turn in the match. This was not a problem for me in iOS8, but is now in iOS9. Has anyone seen such a problem (and similar turn-based match server communication issues in iOS9)? Is there something I can do to workaround the issue?

Replies

Hello I've a similar problem, I really often receive the same error when passing the turn to the next player and reloading the turn it seem everything is ok

I've not notice the problem when it is the first turn (it did not happe yet to me)

I'm seeing it playing on my latest Machiavelli game version, from this version I forced the players to play using iOS 9

and the game uses only iOS9 GameCenter compatible API (and not deprecated ones)

I am somthing like this.

An error is returned, but the game state is being sent.

Try printing out the localised error text.