Firewire Core Audio Support on El Capitan

hello Developers,

with the release of Mac Os X El Capitan, Apogee reported that they are dropping the support and the software releases for all their firewire devices (Ensemble and Duet) from now on. Some of those devices were sold until 2013, two years ago.

after some talking with their support department, they are telling their costumers that the main problem is Apple stopped developing the Firewire Core Audio driver.

apparently other firewire audio companies don't have that problem because they developed their own driver. Apple removing firewire Core Audio support is also very strange as Apple appeared to be Firewire's moving force.

the timing on that announcement is very sad. we are talking of a premium audio devices company and an old Apple partner. they have also designed some devices together. it is very strange and sad that Apogee told us that they aren't supporting those devices anymore, the driver was removed and such but they also say they might work....so, it leads me to think that, for some reason, they don't know or they don't want to know what is really happening with Core Audio.

my question is to know if someone has any info that might help me (and us) understand those changes in Core Audio? or if those decisions are final? does anyone know if there's something we can do to have these questions and this problem reported to the "Core Audio Team"?

this is very sad.

thank you very much,

joão P. carvalho