IOS9 and Fairplay SDK

All totally stopped working after updating to the following:

OSX 10.10.5 (14F27)

XCode 7.0 (7A220)

Downloaded Fairplay SDK Sept 24th

Anyone got the Fairplay SDK to play the encrypted video that is included in the sdk on IOS9?

All I get is

on IOS9 device "The operation ccould not be completed", error -1022

on IOS8.4.1 device "This app is not authorized to play this file"

My conclusion is that the sdk has not been tested on IOS9, and the included encrypted video is all wrong, or the dev credentials is all wrong

please prove me wrong.

Replies

By any chance have you gotten this to work?

I believe this has to do with the new App Transport Security (ATS) feature that was added for iOS 9 (and OS X 10.11 El Capitan). The "App Transport Security Technote" below describes ATS requirements:

<https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/technotes/App-Transport-Security-Technote/index.html>

You can specify the NSAllowsArbitraryLoads = YES exception in your app's Info.plist to quickly determine if ATS policy is preventing your app from loading URLs:

<dict>

<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Ideally, servers should be upgraded to the security requirements indicated in the Technote to achieve best practice customer and developer privacy. If this is not possible, ATS exceptions (like NSAllowsArbitraryLoads, and so on) can be used to temporarily allow access to affected resources. See the Technote for all the details.