Xcode Server doesn't send email on After Integration Trigger

Is there any documentation that describes what you need to do to get emails sent from the xcode server after integration? I've set up the bot to send emails but nothing is arriving. How do you know if it is being sent? Are there any logs anywhere so you can find out what the problem is.

Replies

I have the same issue.

I refer the following link, but it doesn't work.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20436003/how-to-configure-email-settings-for-xcode-continuous-integration

Any body was successfully set?

MAC OS: 10.11.4

OS X Server: 5.1

XCode: 7.3

This was working for me last year, and if I recall correctly I didn't have to do any additional setup.

Now, on a new project, it doesn't appear to work anymore.

Added bug #26145910

What do you mean about added bug #26145910?

Thanks.

That means he files a bug report with Apple at https://bugreport.apple.com/ . Internally, this system is called Radar, and so you may hear people talk about filing a "radar". If you're experiencing the same issue, you can "dupe" it, or indicate that you're seeing the same behavior. That adds to their internal tally of the number of people affected, and higher numbers generally lead to swifter resolution.

Some people submit their bug report details to Open Radar (http://www.openradar.me/), and there's a Mac tool called QuickRadar (http://www.quickradar.com/) that allows you to easily (and "quickly") submit bug reports from a menu bar tool. It also gives you the option of simultaneously sending the report to Open Radar.

I know it's been a while since you asked the question, but hopefully this helps.

I logged a bug with Apple. We wound up going back-and-forth in June with some questions, but it's still marked open.

Since that post, email has been finnicky at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it just starts working after awhile and something it just stops working after awhile.

Hi bpapaattheskimm,

I am running into the same issue - no post integration e-mail arriving using XCode9.

any luck ? , please share

thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Were you able to recieve summary emails post integration ? Any workaronds ?

Even we are stuck at this point (Xcode 9 built in xcode server)

Thanks

Ankit

I just got this working on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.13, with Xcode 9.2, WITHOUT the Server app running. Here is my process. It might or might not work for you ;-). My emails are relayed through gmail.

1. Set up the system so that you can send emails thorugh the command line. There are several web pages that tell you how to do it. I used the one at https://www.justinsilver.com/technology/osx/send-emails-mac-os-x-postfix-gmail-relay/

2. Verify that you can send email after doing the above. For example make sure that the following email is received:

$ date | mail -s "Test Email" YOUR_EMAIL@YOUR_DOMAIN.COM

3. You can look at the smtp logs on your system by doing:

$ log stream --predicate '(process == "smtpd") || (process == "smtp")' --info

4. Now comes the part where you set up the Xcode Server Bot. I do not know why the following works, but it did for me. YMMV.

5. In the Xcode Server machine, when setting up the Bot, do NOT add any info to the “Mail” tab. Leave everything blank.

6. On your client machine, configure the Bot. Set up email triggers. I had some issues with the email triggers and the emails that were used to send/reply, etc. Eventually got it to work by, for the "New Issue Email", leaving From untouched. Also, I had to, for some reason, use a different email address in the From and Reply-To fields than the one that is used for the SMTP relay. That is, if you use "myRelayUser@gmail.com" as the user in step 1 above, do NOT use that same user as the From or the Reply To email addresses.

7. For the To: field, I used my normal email address. I use svn for integration and have not figure out how to get Xcode Server to see the "Committer" and get the correct email address. Thus, I do not have that part working.

8. You can look at the xcode server build logs to see if there are problems executing the triggers. These are found at:

/Library/Developer/XcodeServer/IntegrationAssets/UUID-XXXXXBotName/IntegrationNumber/buildService.log

and the log has stuff like:

Feb 2 16:30:32 [2459] <Info>: Executing trigger 'New Issue Email'

Feb 2 16:30:32 [2459] <Info>: Completed integration step XCSTriggersIntegrationStep without error

but sometimes it errors out:

Feb 2 16:30:30 [2459] <Info>: Executing trigger 'Periodic Email Report'

Feb 2 16:30:31 [2459] <Error>: Error: The network connection was lost.

Feb 2 16:30:31 [2459] <Error>: Sending notifications for trigger 'Periodic Email Report' failed with error: Error Domain=XCSCoreDomain Code=0 "Unable to perform the request. CFNetwork error: The network connection was lost. (-1005 - kCFURLErrorNetworkConnectionLost)" ....

9. That is it. I used a small project to test it and I am now getting email reports.

Good Luck.