Black camera screen on contact avatar edition on iOS 9

In my application, the user is allowed to edit his contact using native contact screen (ABPersonViewController). But since iOS 9 I have noticed that the avatar edition doesn't work anymore : everytime I try to take a photo for the contact, the camera screen is black and I can only cancel. I have made a test project to test if this happened with the new contact screen (CNContactViewController), and I have the same issue too.

I have also noticed that the first time I try to go to this screen, even if I accept the popup asking me for access to the camera, this setting is not saved (if I got to settings > privacy > camera on my iPhone, I don't see my app in it). But if I take a picture from another part of my app (which allows image sending), the setting is written correctly (but this doesn't solve the contact avatar edition issue).

Anyone noticed that too ? I've tested on a random application from the app store too (Simpler) and they have the same issue.

Replies

I am having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution or have you found one?

Thank you very much.

M also having the same problem.

I am also facing the same problem. If any one finds solution, please post the same.

I am aslo facing the same issue. if anyone found a solution then post the same.

Thanks

I am too facing the same issue. Got any solution???

I have noticed the bug as well. It occurs with both ABPersonViewController and CNContactViewController. I have submitted a bug to Apple using Bug Reporter.

i have the same problem. Is any soluton??

Hi, I have the same problem, have you found any alternative solution?

Noticed that 'Take Photo' is not appearing in iOS 11 version, Apple might have removed it as its bug. I did not find an Apple link for official confirmation on this.