XCode 7, git broken

normally i used split screen for git compare, blame or log.

Since XCode 7 this simply results in two empty screens saying 'No Editor'

Do i need to install a git editor or something for XCode to work with this? Or is this a bug, a feature, a ....?

Kind regards

Saren

Accepted Reply

For me it was solved since xcode 7b3. Only strange thing is now that by default the windows are the other way around (right is history and left is my current file).

Replies

All the repositories (in the tab accounts) in settings authenticate via username and password.

In the tab 'Source Control' all the items are checked.

I too, am having this problem.

Same problem. Everything was ok before upgrade to XCode 7.

i too have this problem. All was OK until I changed to Xcode7

Sometimes I'm working on multiple sections of a project at once and I need to commit a subset of the files. I used to pick Commit off the Source menu and uncheck the files I did not want to commit. Doing it that way usually results in files mysteriously unchecking themselves or just not committing.

I found a work around was to select only the files I wanted to commit in the Project Navigator, right/ctrl-click and pick Source/Commit and that only shows those files. I can then compare the files.

Hope this helps!

Xcode 7 git seems to be ignoring my user.name setting as well and is instead using the OSX user name.

Regards, Patrick

I'm having the issue with the name also. In addition, it keeps rejecting the username and password for my remote repository. Because it couldn't autheticate, I had to make a few commits locally and didn't push them. After that, I went to push them manually from Terminal and my repository rejected it because the committer e-mail wasn't one associated with my account. I had to manually change the committer e-mail on those files, which then caused my local and remote branhes to diverge and that required a rebase. I have everything sorted out now, but if I try to use XCode it's going to ***** everything up again. So, now I need to do everything from the Terminal.

Me too.

This happens to me too. SVN projects are also messed up. The problem also still exists in Xcode 7.1 beta 3.

Bug report filed, but haven't heard anything yet. I strongly suggest you file one as well. I read somewhere that Apple only looks at the the "higher volume" bug reports for scheduling their bug fixing workload.

This is what worked for me. Go to Xcode->Preferences and under the accounts remove all the repos you may have there.

Close all your projects and then kill Xcode. Make sure to wait a couple of seconds (we speculate this is needed to let Xcode kill everything as one colleague here had to do it twice).

Then restart Xcode and re-open your projects so that it re-adds all the repos using the corrects credentials.

Hope this helps somebody else

I have the same issue as well.

XCode 7.1 b3

OSX 10.10.5

Error message: Authentication failed because the user name or password was incorrect.

For me it was solved since xcode 7b3. Only strange thing is now that by default the windows are the other way around (right is history and left is my current file).

7.1b3 solved it for me also. There is a perference for setting right or left comaprison views under perferences -> source control

thanks man