Very slow App launch from Complication

I'm seeing a very very slow launch times when tapping my Apps complication.

Steps that cause the issue:

1. Launch Watch App
  2. Move to a modally displayed screen
  3. Exit App by pressing Digital Crown
  4. Try to launch App again by tapping the Complication .. wait 15-20 seconds for it to open!

If I change the modal presentation to a navigation push it works fine.

If I double tap the Digital Crown to go back it works fine.

If I launch the App from the App launcher screen it works fine

I also notice that every other method of switching back to my App resumes where I left off. However tapping the complication seems to start the App from a fresh start and always opens on the first screen rather than where I left it.

My only workaround I can find for now is to not use pages and push views instead of displaying them modally.

Anyone else see this?

Alex

Replies

Bit more investigation and the root cause is due to launching the Watch App from tapping a Complication and it seems to have more than one issue.

Removing the modal presentation of views solved the issue seen above. However I've now hit another problem launching an App from the complication. If the Controller last active calls WKInterfaceImage.setImage(image) in it's willActivate() function then the following error can be seen on the console:

*********** ERROR -[SPRemoteInterface _interfaceControllerClientIDForControllerID:] clientIdentifier for interfaceControllerID:1260004 not found

If I comment out just the call to WKInterfaceImage.setImage(image) it launches quickly with no errors. If I add it back its very slow to load again and eventually displays the error on the console.

Please, see

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/29747