Review rejected because of on demand resources (ODR)

Our app got rejected by the review team today because of an error that occured during their testing.

They sent us a screenshot where they get an error when trying to download an ODR file.

The error states: “Request could not be completed. Invalid tag in set ‚{(B)}.‘}“

'B' is one of our tags and the whole process works perfectly during our tests, including TestFlight.

Somehow the app-review team must have a different setup for ODR (testing against productions servers probably).

We cannot reproduce this issue during development.

Did anyone have the same issues with app review and ODR?

Did anyone successfully get an app with ODR through AppStore review?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Reply

We made a new binary with Xcode 7.0.1 and submitted it. This time it worked, so it seems Xcode 7.0.1 fixes ODR issues.

Replies

This same thing is happening to me, except we are still in development. Right now our development is halted because it says that no tags are generated. I cannot find a fix for this.

This has to be a different issue. Our tests on simulator, device and TestFlight are working. But downloading during app-review fails.

Which tests are failing for you and with which error messages?

I forget the specific error code but it was part of the NSCocoaErrorDomain, however I have fixed this issue. I was testing on an iPhone 6S and I rebooted it and after that it worked fine. I didn't think I would encounter issues with iOS 9.0.1, but that was the problem, it was iOS on the iPhone 6S that was not working right. I remember that when we were trying to get a CloudKit app on the store it failed review 15+ times because it worked during development and in TestFlight, but it never worked during review. Apple always said that it didn't work, but it worked just fine for us. App Review is unexplainable sometimes.

Wow, thanks for the info! We today got build number 12 rejected! We moved from ODR which was failing in review to CloudKit and now it's failing review too!

This is beyond words! Everything works in TestFlight!

How did you solve the issue with CloudKit and the 15 rejections?

We made a new binary with Xcode 7.0.1 and submitted it. This time it worked, so it seems Xcode 7.0.1 fixes ODR issues.