iMac hangs after reboot.

After installing El Capitan GM, the OS doesn't boot after restart.

After going to recovery mode and reinstalling the OS, it runs, but will hang once rebooted again.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

-LD

EDIT-

I see other people are having the same issue. I will post the possible "kexts" log shortly.

Accepted Reply

These forums are about to be closed (OS X 10.11 Beta Forum Closing)

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Replies

Hi Luke,

What you've described is very similar to others that had 3rd party kernel extensions (kexts) cause El Capitan to crash on boot because of the way EC's new security measures fail to handle them. I'm happy to help see exactly which ones are causing the issue in your case. Two questions to start with:

• Is your normal partition still called "Macintosh HD"? (It will be unless you renamed it)
  • Do you have FileVault enabled? (if you're not sure then tell me whether you type your password before or after the boot-up progress bar)

Max.

Hi Max, I see the posts where other folks are having the same issue. I'm currently reinstalling El Capitan thru recovery mode, should be done in a few minutes. I'm not using FireVault and it's called Macintosh HD.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with Apple in any way, but if you would like to request personal help, please contact me on MacMax108@gmail.com

-Max

Here is the result:

ACS6x.kext

ATTOCelerityFC8.kext

ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext

ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext

ArcMSR.kext

CalDigitHDProDrv.kext

HighPointIOP.kext

HighPointRR.kext

NIUSBAudioDriver.kext

NIUSBGuitarRigMobile.kext

PeerGuardian.kext

PromiseSTEX.kext

SoftRAID.kext

ls: /Library/Application Support/VirtualBox/: No such file or directory

ls: /Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/: No such file or directory

-Max

Ok, here's the output:

Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>

132 0 0xffffff7f8312b000 0xd000 0xd000 com.eltima.SyncMate.kext (0.2.5b15) 850FE417-BEF6-95CD-C098-EDEC84DDEE12 <131 58 40 4 3 1>

Does that fix it?

-Max

Ok.

I ran it. Am I good?

What happens if I run the applications associated with the kexts that were moved to Unsupported?

The main one I use is the NI (Native Instruments) Guitar Modeling software.

I need the output of that last command. Now that I know SyncMate is the main issue, we'll risk putting the NI kexts back.

Sorry, its:

/System/Library/Extensions/EltimaAsync.kext

-Max

Thanks Max. Rebooting now...

Reboot worked fine and Guitar Rig loads. Thank you for everything!

Glad it's sorted for you 🙂