iOS 9.1 beta not finding apple watch OS2 release

I have an iPhone 6+ running the iOS 9.1 public beta. I've been trying to update my apple watch to OS 2 all day but keep getting a message that my software (apple watch os 1.0.1) is up to date. Is the iOS beta not "seeing" that there's an update? Apple support didn't have a solution and shunted me here...

Accepted Reply

On both your watch and your phone, go to Settings > General > Profiles (if the profiles settings page exists) and remove any profiles you find, because they can and do block the recognition of available updates.

Once you've removed them, check again, but you may have to restart the iPhone and try again.

[Edit] You may have to restart both the watch and the phone and reset network settings

-Max

Replies

On both your watch and your phone, go to Settings > General > Profiles (if the profiles settings page exists) and remove any profiles you find, because they can and do block the recognition of available updates.

Once you've removed them, check again, but you may have to restart the iPhone and try again.

[Edit] You may have to restart both the watch and the phone and reset network settings

-Max

I have the same problem. I removed the profile from my iPhone, but I didn't see the same option on my apple watch. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I also have an iPhone 6+ running iOS 9.1 public beta.

I had to delete both profiles and restart both the watch and the phone AND reset my network settings but that did the trick. Will I still be able to get future iOS betas as they come out or do I have to reinstall the beta profile?

I found the profile n the watch app on my phone - I didn't see it on the watch itself. See below, but I had to reset my wtch as well and reset the network settings. Maybe that will help you.

I've added your experience to the accepted answer. People's experience has varied on that (this has been a recurring issue throughout the many watchOS and iOS betas). The majority of people find that the phone continues to receive updates with or without the profile (all it actually does is set the CDN catalog to the beta path and removing it doesn't normally seem to un-set it as you would expect it to). But, for the avoidance of doubt, you may prefer to reinstall it.

Thank you!

Yep, erasing both profiles worked, luckily without resetting my network settings. Thanks a lot for the solution and taking the time to answer! It was driving me crazy!

I am running iOS beta 9.1b1 and cannot get the Watch app to give me the Watch OS 2 updater, no matter what I do, including multiple attempts to follow the instructions above.

I am stuck now in a weird "Unable to Check for Update" error in the Software Update section of the Watch app. This error shows after what seems to be a long timeout period when it is "Checking for Update..." The Internet is working fine, this is something else entirely. I have no profiles on either device.

There's something weird going on with the iOS 9.1b1 + attempt to update to Watch OS 2 that isn't working. Hmmm.....

Any advice? Downgrade to iOS 9.0?

I find this hard to believe, but I did a total DFU wipe of my iPhone back to 9.0 from the 9.1 beta, and a reset of my Apple Watch. I set them both up as new devices, and when going into the Watch app on a fresh install of 9.0, I still cannot upgrade this Watch to 2.0. So bizzare. Something is seriously borked and I can't figure it out at all.

The only possible explanation I can think of at this point is that the UDIDs of my iPhone and Apple Watch in the developer portal as test devices are somehow stopping an install of Watch OS 2? What else could it be with these devices being setup entirely as fresh installs with no profiles?

I tried all of the other suggestions above without luck. Ultimately, I had to unpair my watch, re-pair it to my phone, and then the download of watch OS 2 worked. I had previously deleted the beta profile from my phone & reset all network settings (per attempting to follow the instructions above). I did not have a beta profile on my watch so didn't need to delete that.

I deleted the profile on both the phone & watch, restarted the phone & watch, and resetted my network settings, and it was still not enough. I wiped the watch completely and went through set up, and now it's finally downloading. Didn't try just unpairing it.

My only remaining option was to pair my Apple Watch with my son's iPhone, upgrade it there, then do a reset and re-pair to my iPhone. That worked. Sigh.

I had a ios9 beta profile on iPhone which I deleted and tried most other suggested steps but no luck until I went with a full reset on the watch, now it's detected and installing watch os 2

I have just erased everything from my Apple Watch and finally worked with os2...no comment !!! I am using public beta 9.1 on iPhone 6

Removing both profiles and using the double button reset on both devices was enough for me. (No network resetting required).

It's upgrading now.