ITMS-90081 with Xcode 7 7A218

Howdy,

I've got an iOS 9 + watchOS 2 app I'm trying to upload to iTunesConnect. I'm using Xcode 7 (Organizer) and not the separate Application Loader app. There are other errors present, but the one that looks particularly interesting is:

ITMS-90081 Applications built for more than one architecture require a iOS Deployment Target of 3.0 or later.

The only target that isn't iOS9 is, interestingly enough, watchOS 2.0 in the Watch App and Watch Extension targets. Googling around the "3.0 or later" hasn't been mentioned in many years - I'm wondering if there's some glitch in the code that is recognizing watchOS 2.0 as <3.0.

Has anyone else been able to successfully upload a watchOS 2 app?

Joe

Replies

Getting the same problem in exactly the situation

Any news?

The same is happening again with Xcode 10.0 (10A254a) with two apps:

• Targeting iOS 10 + watchOS 3.0 + Notification Extension targeting iOS 12.0
  • Targeting iOS 9.0 + watchOS 2.0

Hey,

I just had this issue with Xcode 10 GM. I fixed it by changing manually all deployment targets related to the watch app, I set them to watchOS 3.1 instead of 2.0 (even dependencies from CocoaPods).

Also on Xcode 10

Although my Watch app code was indeed set to 4, I am using the 3rd party Alamofire (no CocoaPods, just a linkedFramework) and its Deployment Target for its WatchOS component (into which I had never ventured before! ) was greyed out 3 .

I have edited that to 4.2 and problen solved.

I guess Apple just likes to keep us guessing when it complains about a setting in iOS when it really means WatchOS!