El Capitan Mail Delete Issue

I've installed the GM and Beta update for El Capitan

I'm having an issue when deteling an Eamils ... It always occurs if the message is not marked as read, but also happens on a read message if not left in inbox for several minutes.

The message “For you, ...” could not be moved to the mailbox “Trash — iCloud”

An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “Trash — iCloud”.

Right after receiving the above error message the email is restored to the Inbox.

Anyone else having this problem?? Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

-gary

Replies

I see this problem, too, but using a standard IMAP account.

Yes, this issue has been present for me thru all DP's and now into 10.11.1 - so doesnt look like it will be resolved for the public release of 10.11.

I get it with various IMAP accounts, also it causes lock ups and crashes with Mail. I have logged bug reports but no feedback to date.

I suspect its one of those bugs that Apple has detirmined only affects a small % of users so they are not looking to solve it.

I too have this problem with GM release for both iCloud & Comcast IMAP settings. It started with last PB for me (PB5?). It seems to be an intermittent problem, which occurs randomly. It also, presents itself when trying to move email to other folders.

Troubleshooting: El Captain GM

1. Rebuild mail folders = same result

2. Remove & re-add mail accounts = same result

3. Clean install of El Captain = same result

4. Created new profile = same result

5. Verified all ports, protocols are correct = same result

6. Verified any/all TLS/SSL requirements = same result

Troubleshooting: Yosemite & Mavericks

1. Have not observed the issue in both OSX. Leads me to believe it is isolated to El Captain

Workaround(???):

Interesting enough when this issue starts to 'sproadically' pop-up, if I force close Mail, reopen everything works again for either a few minutes or few hours. Until the issue re-manifests itself.

**Note: Only in the Apple Seed program. This issue may not be present in 10.11.1, which was released to developers.

I have the same issue, and not just with Trash, but with any of the folders I created on the iClolud mail server. It just won't let me move anything anywhere once it is on Mail.app. Otherwise, everything works fine.

I'll just confirm that I am seeing the same behavior. It is happening to my gmail and OS X Server mail accounts.

I am also seeign this problem. When I attempt to delete my iCloud email messages in Mac Mail, they reappear with the error message that they could not be moved to Trash.

In my case unchecking of corresponding

Mailbox Behaviours - Trash - Store deleted messages on the server

helped.

You Rock olegiv!!! This worked for me as well. Doesn't make sense to me because then where are the deleted messages moved to?

Frustrated with El Capitan, have never had so many problems with a software download before. Appreciate the tip.

Thanks you, that also seems to have solved the continued <An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “Trash — iCloud”.> problem for me as well.

Problem I've noticed is that error problem was an intermittent one - sometimes things worked as advertised - at others, with their being no commanality of when the problem would resurface again.

At times Mail can be very flakey indeed!

i wished i found this thread before i went through most of the troubleshoot method.

i've done pretty much everything and still having problem with my mail app not being able to delete or move anything from my icloud.

error: An error occurred while moving messages to mailbox “Trash — iCloud”.

hope they have a fix for this soon. i'm using a macbook air mid 2011.

I too am having this problem as of today. I already had my trash mailbox behavior set to store deleted messages on the server. I am able to move emails to trash on my iPhone but when I open mail on my mac a few of the ones I deleted from my phone are still in my inbox while others have moved to trash.