ios 9 in house app unable to install

I have alot of apps that distribute with In-House certificate which allowed user to download from WEB via Apple device. And i did try to install it from my apple device Safari and it is success until i upgrade my IOS to IOS 9... Is someone facing the same problem and fixed ? kindly advise...

Replies

Any solutions. I am facing similar issues

The same problem here..

we're experiencing the same thing. seems like it only affects devices that did not have the app installed prior to upgrade, or devices that were restored/upgraded.

i'm guessing it is a trust issue...with devices that had previously trusted the developer, then upgraded, there was no problem launching the apps until i delete them and try to reinstall them. once the trust relationship is gone (via deleting the previously trusted apps) ...baam... problem replicated. Previously, the OS would normally would ask if you want to trust the developer when installing, but that step isn't happening anymore. this did not happen to me when i was testing our apps with iOS 9 beta.

the plist bundle identifier is the same name as the app... so i doubt that is the issue. i'm not an ios developer, but i'm wondering if the apps need to be rebuilt specifically for fresh installs (outside the app store). i'm waiting for our developer to get back to me on that.

also submitted a ticket with apple...

Looks like a lot of people is having the same problem ( me included) but I can't find an answer anywhere. 😕

Same problem. Upgraded to iOS-9 and everything worked fine. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled - installation seemed to complete. Trying to open the app - getting an "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" warning with "Cancel" as the only choice (and the app is not opened after that).

Did any of you get any answer from Apple so far?

Found the solution!

After installing the app, go to:

Settings -> General -> Profile -> [Your company\certificate name under ENTERPRISE APP] -> Approve.

I hope Apple would have a simpler solution for this. Enterprise apps are oftenly used among our non-technical workers.

same problem here. It seems there are changes in plist to make? because the app works if I install it with itunes or I even subscribed a MDM Service and deployed the app over the air with the MDM Service. Everything works fine, but it does not work anymore with the code as below as it worked well until iOS9

<a href="itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://mydomain.com/apps/MyInHouseApp.plist" id="text">Install the In-House App</a>

Any help?

Thanks

Same here. I've read everything from modifying the manifest, creating a new certificate. All have failed. App basically says waiting and never installs. This is a major problem for sure and hope that someone can help. It's been over a weeks and no fix. I can say it does seem to be related to apps that are being updgraded. Apps that are brand new seem to work.

Hey all

Actually it's not possible to install our enterprise app . Command from MDM system launched, but the device (ios.9.0.1) can not install it...

Any Ideas?

Should i create a new push.cer ? or maybe a Firewall issue?

I have this issue as well, it asks if you want to install the app, but never installs it and just fails with "Unable to install app <InHouseApp>" and nothing else. I've made a new mobileprovisioning profile and rebuilt the package, but the issue still remains. The certificate is still valid in the member center.

Only devices that migrated has the app working and update:able, but if you remove it, as you say, it's no longer possible to install it.

Pooling together several solutions I have found a way to work around this:

- Use the manifest plist generated automatically during the Archive process, and make sure you have valid install images supplied

- Make sure your app has a valid trust relationship with iOS

- Settings -> General -> Profile -> [Your company\certificate name under ENTERPRISE APP] -> Approve.

- Restart your device before attempting an install as install requests seem to be cached

- Rename / version your manifest and .ipa file to avoid caching, and update your download link accordingly

Edit:

This is working for a number of our devices, but not all of them.

Sources:

liron.slonSep 25, 2015 4:46 PM(

in response to KENJI0523)

Found the solution!

After installing the app, go to:

Settings -> General -> Profile -> [Your company\certificate name under ENTERPRISE APP] -> Approve.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32678253/ios9-unable-to-download-app

Same issue with an in house Flex solution, the download from the website of the *.ipa doesn't work any more.It fails after ~60% of downloading

We have askedour user to install from iTunes with the *.ipa or from our MDM Airwach platform but some have issue and can't install it.

We don't find any other solution to help our user on it and they are stucked in their job...

A good place to start is the device's console log. We had the same problem... seems like there has been a slight change with the bundle identifier in the plist that is given as URL in the itms-services link.

Previously our plist contained simply "AppName" as bundle name. Now we had to specifiy a full qualified id, like "com.vendor.ios.AppName". The console log gave us a hint and explicitly said that "AppName" should be installed but "com.vendor.ios.AppName" was downloaded.

Hope that helps...

The bundle ID on your app store must match that of the one in your project for ios 9.0.1. Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot..your solution works