How to add a device id to a profile? The refresh profiles button has gone from Xcode 7

In the olden days when I added a new device id to the provisioning portal I could then go and edit the relvant profiles to include it and then download the profile or pull it down from within Xcode.

However now it is no longer possible to directly edit any profiles from within the portal, instead things are managed from within Xcode.

However in Xcode 7 (and 7.1 beta) the little circular button to refresh the profiles has gone, when viewing the list of profiles the actions column in blank, and the download all profiles button doesn't do anything if the profiles are already downloaded.

So the question is, if a new device id gets added to the provisioning portal, how do you get it inside a profile and that updated profile installed on the Mac/ XCode?

Replies

What I did was to download XCode 6 and then refresh from in there. I couldn't find any other way to get the devices added to the auto-generated profiles.

I've had the same problem too. Hard to believe we have to use xcode 6 to do this.

My solution was to remove my apple id from the list of accounts, and then add myself again. This updated all the profiles.

I second this question and ask myself how in the world nobody has notices this issue on Apple's side before releasing XCode 7?

>>What I did was to download XCode 6 and then refresh from in there. I couldn't find any other way to get the devices added to the auto-generated profiles.

I'm having the same problem. I was able to test my apps on my iPhone 6 Plus using XCode 6.x; however, now that I'm using XCode 7, my phone is no longer recoognized. I deleted my Account, as suggested by one person, but htat had no effect. I'm not sure how to get a copy of XCode 6.x, since I don't see it in the app store. The only thing showing in my provisioning list is "IOSTeam Provisioning Profile.*" and I'm not sure what provisioning I had using XCode 6.x.

I'm kind of a new newbie developer, so any help will be appreciated.

Rich

Agreed, seems a bit strange that something this obvious overlooked. Of course, unless the functionality has been moved, and we just don't know the new location ;-) ...but somehow I doubt that scenario.

I also encountered the same problem. Hope Apple really take a look at it soon.

In the Developer web site, I created a new provisioning profile after adding the new Device ID. Then, in Xcode, Preferences / Accounts / View Details, I downloaded the new profile and rebuilt the app. That worked for me.

I also have the same issue and had to resort to using Xcode 6.4 to regenerate the development provisioning profiles - the ones which are managed by Xcode. Once I did that I then went to my Xcode 7.0 > preferences > Account details and the new development profiles were there waiting for me to download. All worked well from that point on.

Do I have to use Xcode 6.4 now everytime a new device is added to the device list?

I'm now downloading Xcode 7.0.1 hopefully this one has the fix.

Filed bug report for this: # 23112944

I can confirm that downloading Xcode 6.4 (https://developer.apple.com/downloads/) and refreshing the profiles in it works -- each Xcode Managed Provisioning Profile is updated to include the new devices.

Xcode-6.4 -> Preferences -> Select your Apple ID -> Select your Team -> View Details -> hit the refresh button.