No such module MetalKit

Hello, after downloading Xcode 7 GM, creating a new iOS 9 project or downloading existing examples, it is impossible to import MetalKit and make use of its members. Xcode simply says there is no such module, regardless if I manually add the framework to the project and link it, even setting the framework search path to the project recursively. I feel like this might be an Xcode bug specific to my machine, but I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xcode 7 GM multiple times. MetalKit works fine on OSX targets.

Accepted Reply

Haven't you tried to build for iOS Simulator? Metal and related frameworks are not available in the iOS Simulator SDK. Try connecting an actual device which supports Metal and target the device.

Replies

Haven't you tried to build for iOS Simulator? Metal and related frameworks are not available in the iOS Simulator SDK. Try connecting an actual device which supports Metal and target the device.

Wow, yep that did it. My code would not even compile until I pointed my build target to an iOS device. Yikes.