CoreBlueTooth on tvOS - BLE?

I was curious how much of the tvOS allows for core blue tooth and peripheral access??

When compiling my existing code, I noticed that the CBCentralManager's init method is unavailable, yet I know it has corebluetooth as I saw

examples of it pairing with game controllers... "'initWithDelegate:queue:' is unavailable: not available on tvOS"

Accepted Reply

CoreBluetooth is indeed available on this platform. If you find any issues or bugs, please file them at bugreporter.apple.com

Replies

Ah! It just doesn't support the mutable characteristics, etc... I was able to use the CentralManager to connect to a peripheral just fine, just not advertise as one, although none of the didUpdateValueForCharacteristic delegates are being fired. What is strange is that responds to a characteristic's read request.

It is almost like the notification change queue isn't being processed, or is processed differently. When I force disconnect the peripheral (faraday cage) all the characteristic notifications come in one monster flood, but not while it is connected.

CoreBluetooth is indeed available on this platform. If you find any issues or bugs, please file them at bugreporter.apple.com