Xcode image atlas wrong size on iPad iOS 9

Since upgrading to iOS 9 I have this strange issue with image atlases on my spriteKit game.

In my game I have a StartScene, a MenuScene and a GameScene. In all 3 scenes I am using atlases for my enemies so I can animate them.

All worked fine on all devices but since upgrading iOS 9 it causes me issues on iPads.

On my iPad when I launch the game the enemies in StartScene are about 3 times as big as they should be. Whats strange is that when I move to menuScene or gameScene the enemies are normal size. When I tell my game to launch straight into MenuScene I have the same problem, enemies are way to big until I change to another scene. This happened as soon as I run my game on iOS 9 and even after I upgraded to swift 2 and Xcode 7 I am still having this issue.

Anyone seeing this too, I have no clue what could cause this and how to fix it. Is this just a terrible iOS 9 bug?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

This sounds a lot like an issue I saw get fixed in iOS 9.3. Can you confirm which version of iOS 9 you're seeing this? If iOS 9.3, please file a new bug report. Otherwise, test on 9.3 and let me know how it goes!