authd problems with GM release

I just downloaded and installed the GM release of OS X and notice that anytime you need to authenticate, nothing seems to happen. I just went into the console and noticed that I was getting this message:

9/10/15 10:36:08.351 AM authd[160]: engine[1113]: error creating mechanism agent

9/10/15 10:36:08.351 AM authd[160]: engine[1113]: evaluate returned -60008 returning errAuthorizationInternal

Is anyone else seeing this? Are there any workarounds/solutions afoot?

Thanks!

Accepted Reply

We managed to fix this by connecting via SSH from another machine and running the below and then restarting, I believe it forces OSX to regenerate a fresh auth.db from /System/Library/Security/authorization.plist (you may also be able to do this locally from the terminal as well, we didn't try that)

sudo mv /var/db/auth.db /var/db/auth.db.old

Replies

You are not alone. I did the same thing, and it had similar results.

Now I cannot unlock any System Preferences panes, I can't run the Installer to install software, I can't do a whole lot of anything.

And it's not just my user - the other admin user on this machine has exactly the same problem.

We managed to fix this by connecting via SSH from another machine and running the below and then restarting, I believe it forces OSX to regenerate a fresh auth.db from /System/Library/Security/authorization.plist (you may also be able to do this locally from the terminal as well, we didn't try that)

sudo mv /var/db/auth.db /var/db/auth.db.old

Bob,

That worked! I did that on my own machine without remoting in and now all is good.

Thanks!

- Chris