tvOS MVC visualisation in Xcode storyboards too big?

Is it just me, or is the way that tvOS MVCs are visualised in Xcode storyboards seem way too big? By that I mean, way too zoomed in to interact with in the way you can interact with MVCs for other devices. Even doing something as simple as dragging a button to the centre of the view becomes non-trivial when everything is so zoomed in. This's an issue because the storyboard UI in Xcode is modal, and goes into a kind of "non-interactive" mode when you zoom out to see the MVC at a more reasonable size.

I'm asking about this in case I'm missing something obvious. Is there a way to make TV MVCs appear on the storyboard in "interactive mode" at a reasonabe size?

Replies

I was wondering the same...

You can either use pinch and zoom on a trackpad, or Editor-->Canvas-->Zoom to change the overall size of view controllers. Can you file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com under "Developer Tools" to make the view controllers smaller by default?

What about xib interfaces? No zoom on these?

Zooming in xibs is not supported - please file a seperate bug report on that if you'd like that functionality.

Thank you, I will add a bug report for this.

Anyway I understand that the storyboard zoom feature is not enough if it doesn't let you interact with the view while zoom out is applied. Maybe the solution is to have the view controllers on the xib smaller by default also, no?

Bug report filed - Issue #22644239

>> Editor-->Canvas-->Zoom

I see no such option.

What really needs to happen is we need to be able to do FULL editing if we zoom out. IE: If I zoom out to 50% I should be able to interact with the Storyboard like I would if it were 100%.

It should be like this for any device.