Settings App Bug?

Closing settings app via app switcher and reopening (or opening settings for the first time after fresh install or opening for the first time in a while after memory has been purged) causes list to start just under the wifi line, as if I scrolled down a few lines; not at the top where the new search bar is. I fresh installed iOS 9 GM and iOS 9.1 beta. Weird little glitch that I just can't get rid of...

iPhone 6

Accepted Reply

I have had this same problem rabidroy every single time i open the settings app. I have reported it countless times but has yet to be fixed.

Replies

Mysterios.. I can't reproduce it on the Test devices. Seem's like a device Problem. Do you fresh install it via DFÜ and then itunes or via itunes when connected and on?

Hi Rabidroy,

Not happening for me. You should still file a bug report if you have time though: http://bugreport.apple.com.

You could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings if it's bugging you enough - I'd guess there's a good chance that will fix it.

Max.

Yep fresh install via DFU/iTunes for both 9GM and 9.1. Really strange. I will reset all settings and see what happens. Maybe it's some type of data stored in my iCloud that gets copied over just by signing in (like the wifi passwords, keyboard shortcuts).

Amazingly, reset all setting/erase all data and did not sign into icloud during setup... still scrolls down just a bit past airplane mode when I close and reopen settings. I'm not really that bothered by it but consider myself a good troubleshooter and just want the answer. I am on El Cap on my Mac so will try a fresh install from a windows machine just incase, otherwise will just deal for a few weeks... Thanks for the help.

I have had this same problem rabidroy every single time i open the settings app. I have reported it countless times but has yet to be fixed.

Still not fixed in 9.1... Come on! I haven't jailbroken in years or I mean never, but noticed that there is a new tweak that fixes this called Settings Table View Fixer or something. I'm in settings all the time and this bug has been training me to expect the behavior now in apps that dont have the bug, messeges etc. I keep waiting for the lists to auto jump down a few lines. lol. I know, I know; submit a bug report... because there is definately no one from Apple reading any of this for sure.