iPhone 6 clock time offset

I'm not sure yet if this is a bug in iOS 9 or other issue. The clock on my Verizon iPhone 6 is fast by about 2 minutes.

Other iPhones in the house have accurate time, but this one which has the iOS9 beta has the 2 minute offset.

Tried setting manually and then set back to auto, and it then goes back to the 2 minutes fast time. Tried resetting

network settings, no change. Tried setting to Airplane mode to turn off cellular (for just WiFi connection) and back on, no change.

Is this something with Verizon time server or an iOS issue?

Carl

Replies

Did you try restarting the affected iPhone?

Another thought—do you have a Watch paired to the phone? Its time offset could be getting propagated to the phone.

I have the exact same thing happening on my iPad Air 2. It is about 2 minutes ahead. Tried a few things with no success. I have however an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5s that are not experiencing this issue. Very strange.

Tried resetting a few times. No change. No Apple Watch.

Hmm… maybe you could try writing a small piece of code to see if what's getting shown on the clock is actually the system time?

Interesting idea, but probably not worth the few minutes of time, as the main iPhone clock at top center of screen is off, and all other clock apps that I tried show the same time as the main iPhone clock. Does the clock set via Verizon NTP server or some other clock sync?

I don't know for sure how the clock is synced, but I should think that the Verizon network is given priority, followed by the local wi-fi network if one is available. Try turning off cellular but leaving your phone connected to wifi, then restart it. Maybe something's wrong with Verizon's time sync.

Updated to iOS 9 GM release. Still offset by 2 minutes.

Turned off cellular and restarted with just WiFi connection. Still offset it rebooted.

Waited about 5 minutes and no change.

Still strange as other iPhone in house and iPad are showing correct time, so you would

think the network time sync aspect of it would be same from same location.

Left phone off overnight and powered up in airplane mode with just wifi on. No change, still has offset.

Interesting too, my Fitbit sync to the phone is showing correct time, but the phone time is offset.

Are you sure the Fitbit doesn't keep its own time?

Maybe try restarting the phone again with everything turned off. My older flip phone doesn't display any time at all if it doesn't have cellular connectivity; maybe restarting an iPhone when it has no link with the outside world will force it to re-sync with some valid standard.

Same problem here with iOS 9 GM on T-Mobile D and T-Mobile NL. Time is 1 minute 57,2 sec fast.

Have you tried restarting your phone with cellular/wifi turned off as well?

Yes, tried with all radios off.

So does it do like other phones do where it doesn't display any time at all until you establish a network connection? Or does it appear to keep track of time by itself?