UITableViewCell with UITextView problem

If you create a new UITableViewCell with a UITextView and the textview has only one word, the app will freeze while dequeuing the row.

Have tried in latest beta (XCode 7 Beta 6) and still happens.

I've looked at the storyboard source and i don't see anything strange

This works
<textView clipsSubviews="YES" multipleTouchEnabled="YES" contentMode="scaleToFill" fixedFrame="YES" text="Lorem ipsum" textAlignment="natural" translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints="NO" id="euE-GV-9Ms">

This does not work
<textView clipsSubviews="YES" multipleTouchEnabled="YES" contentMode="scaleToFill" fixedFrame="YES" text="Lorem" textAlignment="natural" translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints="NO" id="euE-GV-9Ms">

I can upload a sample project if anyone needs to test this behavior.

I'll report it to Apple so they fix it.

Replies

Can confirm. I've just determined that this is my problem too.

Has an Apple radar issue been filed for this problem. We too are seeing this as a major caveat of iOS9... and would be very happy to know if AAPL acknowledges the problem and if a fix is immenent. Thx.

It happens if the UITextView is "preloaded" with >0 but <10 characters. Here's a thread that mentions it, I'm pretty sure there was a longer thread on here somwhere about this but I can't find it now. Google shows at least one thread on SO also.

I can confirm, that this is still present in Xcode 7, iOS 9.0.1

Luckily I found your post after struggling for several hours. The rather simple workaround / fix is, to clear the UITextView's initial content in the storyboard, if it has a length less than 10 characters.

Once the view controller is initialized, the content can be set to a text of a length < 10.