aps-enviroment entitlement

X Code 6.4 iOS app in beta test via Test Flight.

I get the following in an e mail after uploading a new build to iTunes Connect:

""" Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

Recently I uploaded a new beta build for my newest iOS app. I've been uploading new builds about once a month since Early this year and this error just came up with my latest build. The only changes in the last few builds have been additions to my database. No changes in code. As best as I can figure since I have a share capability from FaceBook Apple wants me to enabls push notifications in the app and my provisioning pofile. """"

This is new as of my latest update to my app. The only changes are to the database. No changes to code. All I can figure is my use of Face Book to share and Face Book uses push notifications I nned to enable push notifications in my app. So what I've done so far is:

Created a new certificate including PNS.

Then created a provisioning profile using the new certificate.

Finally got X Code to upload to iTunes connect using my privisioning profile

Still getting the E mail.

Now I see no place to manually add "aps-Enviroment" entitlement. But did see on the developer site that it wold do that automaticly when I create a new profile.

So I've run out of Ideas. After lots of time on the web I've decided to come here because I know Apple reps spend time here too.

So all I can say is Heeeeeeeelllllllppppp!

Replies

Same problem since 1 Week nothing change in Code...

I think this is an iTunes bug.

I got the same message with my update today, and I know that I have not changed anything that could use push notifications in the app.

I got this mail too, even i don't use Push service at all on my app.

Will it inhibit my ability to get approved on app store?

And how to remove this warning?

thanks.

I have the same problem i get this warning even though i have never used any push notifications EVER. I even removed ALL the third party api's and resubmitted and same issue so i can't figure it out. I uploaded an old verison that hadnt got the warning same problem. Revoked and renewed all certifcates and provisioning profiles didnt help.

I did just start using xcode 6.4 maybe that is it I will try submit using 6.2 see if thats helps.

I will report back.