playground under source control

How can I put a playground under git source control?

When I try "Create working copy ..." in Xcode 7 beta 6 I get an error popup "All projects are already under source control. There is no need to create additional working copies as all of the workspace is already versioned under source control." The "Commit ..." menu item is greyed out, however.

I would like to compare the current state of my playground code with previous versions.

Accepted Reply

Hi cp101,

Please file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com. Creating a repository for a playground through Xcode isn't currently supported.

In the meantime, all of the other source control features in Xcode are supported if you first create the git repository manually (via Terminal). If the playground is already open in Xcode, you'll need to close and re-open it.

Replies

Hi cp101,

Please file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com. Creating a repository for a playground through Xcode isn't currently supported.

In the meantime, all of the other source control features in Xcode are supported if you first create the git repository manually (via Terminal). If the playground is already open in Xcode, you'll need to close and re-open it.

Thanks JackL, a simple "git init" in the directory did work around the issue. I reported it as bug #22497814.