CAN'T SUBMIT TO IOS STORE

Hello,

This is my first time submiting an APP to the ios store and experiencing this error when I try to submit to the ios store. I have everything correct and before I go and submit it I validate it and it Validates perfectly but some reason i get this error everytime I submit it. Can someone please help me? I tried everything from deleting everything and restarting from the begining but that hasnt work. I dont understand if it validates why wouldnt it submit? I got it to submit 3 times out of the 100 times i tried but it doesnt show up in itunes connect. Someone Please help me fix this. Thanks.

It says missing or invalid signature. The bundle wert.sit at bundle path Payload/sit.app is not signed in using an Apple submission certificate.

Replies

Seems clear enough - seen this Apple doc?

TN2407: Technical Note TN2407: iOS Code Signing Troubleshooting Index

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT

It says missing or invalid signature. The bundle wert.sit at bundle path Payload/sit.app is not signed in using an Apple submission certificate.

yes i have nothing works

Seems odd that nothing would work.

Maybe contact Apple and ask them to take a look on their end:

Apple Developer Relations:

(800) 633 2152

(408) 974 4897

HAHAHA YEAH tried that 6 times and they couldnt help.

please someone help i really dont want this to result in a refund

"...is not signed in using an Apple submission certificate."

1) you need to use a Provision Profile that is specifically for iOS Distribution, not iOS Development.

Create one here: https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/profile/profileList.action?type=production

2) you need to use a Certificate that is specifically for Production (type: App Store and Ad Hoc).

Create one here: https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/certificate/certificateCreate.action

3) When creating your iOS Certificate, you need a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) file from your Mac. The process is explained when creating the iOS Certificate.

4) Both the Distribution Provision Profile and the Distribution Certificate must be specified correctly in Xcode both under Targets > Sit > Build Settings > Code Signing Identity and Provisioning Profile, and Project > Sit > Build Settings > Code Signing Identity and Provisioning Profile.

5) Verify your CSR (Certificate Signing Request) was properly associated with your private key: Open Keychain Access and search "iPhone" to filter results. If there is no dorito/carrot/triangle/arrow to the left of "iPhone Distribution: Your Name" then the certificate was not signed correctly. Simply control + click and delete the certificate from Keychain Access. Then Revoke the Production certificate in the Member Center, under "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" and then generate a new one.

The link below is to "Troubleshooting Failed Signature Verification" in the iOS documentation. Listing 2 is relevant to your issue:

Listing 2 Alternate app validation error indicating the app is not signed with a provisioning profile suitable for submission.

The bundle is not signed using an Apple submission certificate.

See: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/technotes/tn2318/_index.html

Hello

did you get this sorted as I'm having the same problem?

thanks

Peter

I got this error message just over 12 hours ago. I ran the diagnostic command in TN2318
Code Block shell
codesign --verify -vvvv -R='anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.1] exists and (certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.2] exists or certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.4] exists)' /path/to/the.app

and got the normal result
Code Block
/Users/no/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-03-11/Twinkle 3-11-21, 11.49 PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/Twinkle.app: valid on disk
/Users/no/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-03-11/Twinkle 3-11-21, 11.49 PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/Twinkle.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement
/Users/no/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-03-11/Twinkle 3-11-21, 11.49 PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/Twinkle.app: explicit requirement satisfied

I guess I'll try uploading again.

I had the same issue. I checked my developer program settings to see if there was any problem. Went to Profiles https://developer.apple.com/account/resources/profiles/list. For some reason, the needed profile was marked "Invalid". I clicked Edit, then Save. It was shown as Active again. Made a new archive and uploaded, it worked.