Need Apple Support! iOS 9 incomplete backups take up 3.2GB on iCloud, can't be deleted!

iOS 9 incomplete backups take up 3.2GB on iCloud, can't be deleted!

This sums up the situation. In reality it's even more complicated:

On the Mac in System Preferences' iClound section it shows 3.2GB taken up by backups in the usage bar graph, but when I go to manage storage, there are no backups to be seen that could be deleted.

On iOS there is no backups section when I go to the manage iCloud storage section in Settings.

I do know that there are two incomplete backups on iCloud, because I spoke to AppleCare Support, and they saw these backups with whatever custom tools they have, but they claim that while the can delete regular backups upon request, they can't delete backups created by beta software; and referred me to developer support.

Developer support options are essentially none: there is code level (TSI) support, which claims not to handle any support with beta software, and that's about it.

Resetting the devices won't help, becayse in the the mean time iCloud backup has long since been disabled on the devices in question, but the incomplete backups linger on iCloud, and I can't delete them and so claims AppleCare support.

Meanwhile, I barely have space left on iCloud because of the 3.2GB of zombie backups.

Who at Apple can help!?! Someone needs to be able to manipulate actual iCloud storage.

Replies

Hi rcfa,

iOS 9 beta iCloud backup can't be deleted

I'm linking you to Bracholder's experience with the exact same issue - they had a better experience with Apple support however. Look at the last post in the thread:

I called apple support and after they spoke to another department with deeper cloud file manipulation rights, they told me that they found the reserved space (in my case over 30GB), freed it up and I should be able to see the corrections within the next 24 hrs. Fingers crossed! They also told me that I wouldn't have been able to fix this myself.

Hopefully you can use bracholder's having been able to get this resolved through the support channels to get whomever you speak to contact the department with deeper cloud file manipulation rights on your behalf...

Max.