Finder opening iCloud Drive's container application instead of default app

If I move or copy a file in the Finder to an iCloud Drive folder and then try to open up that file, the Finder is trying to launch the containing application instead of the default application.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

For example, if you take an MP3 file and copy it into the Sketch app's iCloud Drive container, then you double-click on the MP3 file, it launches Sketch instead of iTunes (or whatever the default app is for MP3 files). Even trying to change the "Open With" setting in the Get Info file inspector panel won't work. It reverts back to the containing app instead of letting you select the proper app to handle those files.

Now you might ask why doesn't the containing app read those file types that are stored in its folder. Think of a general purpose database app which manages a list of file attachments stored in a database record. The app doesn't need to be able to read all the file types for the attachments. It just needs to tell the OS to launch the proper app that's able to read those files. Right now my app is trying to launch itself when I call out to the NSWorkspace to tell it to open the URL to the file:

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:urlString]];

But this is no longer working right for any file that I'm referencing in my iCloud Drive container on El Capitain 10.11 Beta (15A244d)

I've filed rdar://22213595 for this issue.

Thanks,

Brendan