News app not working on iPhone via cellular

hi,

i am running beta 5 on an iPhone 5.

I've noticed that the News App (which I love) will not update when I am outside of my home wifi. If I am in cellular I get the following

This feed isn't available Right now

THere may be a problem with the server or network. please try again later.

ANyone else getting this on an iPhone on cellular/mobile connections.

IT is working fine on my iPad via the home wifi. The phone works Sort of on the home wifi. Though the iPad seems to be updating more frequently with stories.

Appreciate any information/advice.

cheers!

Replies

Hi,

Just guessing really, but a new cellular setting in Beta 5, called Wi-Fi Assist, allows the phone to automatically switch to a cellular data connection when you have a bad Wi-Fi connection. The toggle is hidden at the bottom of the Cellular settings screen. Make sure it's on - it's possible that News over cellular data is no longer on by default because of the new toggle.

Max.

HI Max108,

thanks for the suggestion. Still no luck with cellular access to the News App. still working fine on the home wifi.

thanks anyhow.

Bart

Had this same exact issue on the GM, as well as yesterday's update. I restored tonight and still have the same issue. My wife's phone has the same issue (on a different network) And she updated from 8.4. We both have a 6+. Have you found a resolution?

thanks

I've had the same problem for some time. Running 9.1 now and still have the same issue. Any Help is greatly appreciated!