Beta 6 broke App Store (storeaccountd)

Getting this here:

storeaccountd XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

Now, app store can log into the account when trying to verify for purchases that have not been downloaded. But besides that, no apps are offered, and also no updates.

Replies

Suddenly started working again. I love self-healing problems.

I'm having the same issue. I can't even log in to the App Store, the log in modal window just hangs as soon as I hit "OK" and I have to force quit the store.

Console reports:

14/09/2015 19:49:07,845 storeaccountd[357]: -[ISURLOperation _logRequest:]: Sending request for https://init.itunes.apple.com/bag.xml?guid=B88D1200xxxx&ix=5

14/09/2015 19:49:23,898 storeaccountd[357]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

14/09/2015 19:49:23,911 storeaccountd[357]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

14/09/2015 19:49:23,940 storeaccountd[357]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

14/09/2015 19:49:23,947 storeaccountd[357]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

I am having the same exact problem. App Store hangs when I try to log in and it will not even quit without using Force Quit.

This shows in the system.log:

Sandbox: storeaccountd(309) deny(1) mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

As per post at https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6534039?start=0&tstart=0 I believe that the reason I cannot login to the App Store is that my serial number is unavailable, i.e. at About This Mac > Serial Number shows as Unavailable. Since the most recent El Capitan beta update included a firmware update, and the system board in the machine is not the original, I suspect that the firmware update wiped the serial number so now the App Store cannot find it and hangs at the login screen.

This is likely unrelated to the broken app store (I have the same problem, but my MLB is properly serialized), but I suspect the people who replaced your logic board either a) forgot to run, or b) did not have access to the Blank Board Serializer utility that authorized service providers use when installing a new MLB in a Mac.

Have you found a solution yet? Still broken here as of 10.11.1 Beta (build 15B30a)

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm on the release build, though.

When accessing with App Store, I get "plist parsing error" and in the Console app "storeaccountd[476]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid".

iTunes throws "The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.", Console output is "accountsd[406]: AIDA Notification plugin running", but no error.