Will Apple Be Okay With this?

Hi, Everyone.

I have done what I thought is really cool, and all the people involved like it, but I want to know if Apple would be okay with it becasue I haven't seen it before.

I have two toolbars on top of each other in a profile view. See here: http://postimg.org/image/6v9smjcoz/

Replies

Only one way to find out 🙂 Apple doesn't do pre-reviews and they have the final say. My guess is they would approve it. We don't often hear of rejections for HIG violations. But that's just a guess.

Generally it's best to simplify things so the user doesn't have to think so much about what needs to be tapped. That often means putting the most important / most used 2 or 3 options front and center and hiding the rest in something like a "more" button like UITabBarController does. Maybe the people you have shown do like it, but make sure you try it on both non-techy and techy people, and try a simplified, more standard version to see if they like that even better.

Why not just us a UITabBar on the bottom and a UISegmentedControl on top for the other tabbar?