Endpoint Security Entitlement request status.

I have requested an Endpoint Security entitlement through this form:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/system-extension/

How can I see that my request is done?

How can I check that I am able to use this entitlement?

Is it should be listed in my App ID Configuration Capabilities?

Accepted Reply

If your request was approved you should receive an email explaining how to use the new entitlement. Conversely, if the request is denied you should receive an email notifying you of that.

Those emails go to the email address associated with the Apple ID that made the request.

No. The end result here is a provisioning profile template. This allows you to add extra entitlements to a profile when you create it via the developer web site. Xcode is not aware of these templates, so you’ll need to switch to manual signing.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

If your request was approved you should receive an email explaining how to use the new entitlement. Conversely, if the request is denied you should receive an email notifying you of that.

Those emails go to the email address associated with the Apple ID that made the request.

No. The end result here is a provisioning profile template. This allows you to add extra entitlements to a profile when you create it via the developer web site. Xcode is not aware of these templates, so you’ll need to switch to manual signing.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Where can I read about this? It should be explained in the request approval email?
What will be my next steps once my request approved?

1. In the Xcode project switch to manual signing.
  2. Go to Developer account -> "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles".
  3. Click the "+" button, to register a New Provisional Profile.
  4. In case if I want to register a profile for distribution, choose "Developer ID" option. Click the "Continue" button.
  5. Select App Id, click "Continue" button.
  6. Choose your "Developer ID Application" certificate. What if I have a certificate "With Kext"? Should I use it on this step?
  7. Enter a profile name, click "Generate" button.

To ensure that I am able to use Endpoint Security Client entitlement do the next:

1. Download the generated profile.
  2. Quick view it with the space button in Finder.
  3. It should have "com.apple.developer.endpoint-security.client: true" listed in the "ENTITLEMENTS" section.

Are these steps correct?

Where can I read about this?

Documentation about this stuff is thin on the ground because special entitlements are… well… special. Most folks don’t use them, so the documentation focuses on the more common cases.

However, the main change here is the switch to manual code signing. Once you do that, the only step that’s specific to your special entitlement is that you have to add the template when you manually create the profile.

It should be explained in the request approval email?

I would expect so but I’m not involved in the approval process so I can’t discuss it in that level of detail.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

@DanilKorotenko 

How to request for Endpoint Security entitlement?
There’s a link to the application form in the documentation for the entitlement itself.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
How long did it take to get the entitlement on your side? Is there anything we can do to get it faster?
We recently implemented a feature that uses ES and now we need to deploy it at customers and we are blocked by this. We don't want to lose customers because of this issue.

how long about the period of the request?thank you.

My request was granted today, it took 13 months. The e-mail only contained one link.