I keep getting ERROR ITMS-90062. How do I increase only a build?

Hi all,

I am trrying to understand why I keep getting this error.

ERROR ITMS-90062: "This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleShortVersionString [0.0.2] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously approved version [3.11]. Please find more information about CFBundleShortVersionString at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundleshortversionstring"

Although we are building our app using Ionic / Cordova, the actual ap is built using Xcode.

In Xcode 11.5, it is clearly marked as:

• Version: 3.11
  • Build: 0.0.

and when I go to AppStore Connect -> Activity, the current version that is marked as "For Sale" is:

• Version 3.11
  • Build 0.0.1

To me, it should be a simple process. It I have a small fix, I want this to be Version 3.11, Build 0.0.2

• Version is for major fixes/new features
  • Build is for minor fixes (typos, color changes, other aesthetics)

Yes, when I try to upload Version 3.11, Build 0.0.2 to the Appstore Connect, I get the above ERROR ITMS-90062.

Any advice?

Derek

Accepted Reply

Each approved app must have a new, increasing Version Number.

You can upload multiple builds to App Store Connect (and TestFlight), each with an increasing Build Number, for any Version Number. Then submit one of those Builds for approval.

Interestingly, the Build Number is the thing that is reflected in the app's receipt (for iOS).

Replies

Can someone offer some help?

Each approved app must have a new, increasing Version Number.

You can upload multiple builds to App Store Connect (and TestFlight), each with an increasing Build Number, for any Version Number. Then submit one of those Builds for approval.

Interestingly, the Build Number is the thing that is reflected in the app's receipt (for iOS).

Thanks everyone. I figured it out. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi @derekfromcalgary,

I'm having the same issue. I was able to upload the first two builds but now I'm getting an error with the third one.

ERROR ITMS-90062: "This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleShortVersionString [2.0.0] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously approved version [2.0.0]. Please find more information about CFBundleShortVersionString at (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/information_property_list/cfbundleshortversionstring)
Code Block