Can you delete IAP entirely?

I have an app that was built and released with IAP. Later, the customer decided they wanted to get rid of the IAP and just make it a free app. We went into the code, disabled all the IAP functionality and made all the features of the app free.

However, the app is still shown as having in-app purchases when you view it in the app store.

Is there a way I can entirely delete the IAPs and have this appear as if it were a totally free app?

Thanks.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of flarosa Down vote post of flarosa
1.4k views

Replies

Does un-checking the "cleared for sale" checkbox do this? I am afraid to uncheck it. The language that appears there is ambiguous. It says, "If your in-app purchase is currently available for purchase, it will be removed from sale on the App Store". Does this mean my entire app will be removed from sale or just the IAP?

Frank

Frank:

Yes, do that for the IAP products. That process won't affect the app itself.*

An option to delete, if that's your end game, should appear after a product is taken off sale (cleared for sale 'no').

See In-App Purchase Statuses

You may know, but be sure you've disabled IAP as an app capability via Xcode as well. Requires update to that project/app in the store.

*Deselecting all countries (rights/pricing) will take the app itself off sale from the store.

Ken

Were you successful in deleting the IAP and if yes, did it remove the "In App-Purchases" label on the App Store?
I would love to know if this is possible, as I am currently considering adding IAPs to my app, and potentially removing them again later (while making sure no user will lose access to any features).