Finder sync extension is not visible in system preference extension

On selecting sign to run locally(adhoc code sign) in xcode 10, then the extension is visible in system preference->extension.

With with this option mac notarization will fail.

So we made xcode app changes to codesign with MAC developer certificate, and code signing outside xcode build (in makefile ). With this extension is not visible n system preference.

What is the solution here ?

Replies

For day-to-day development I recommend that you use an Apple Development signing identity. That’s fully supported by Xcode; you just need to set it up in the UI.

As far as distribution is concerned, are you targeting the Mac App Store? Or independent distribution via Developer ID?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thank you for the response.

ok. Once our extension is build we are signing it using Apple Development signing identity in our Makefile, not in xcode directly. Its because of our build environment.

Will that make any difference ? As I mentioned in my previous post, because with this, extension is not being displayed in system preference.

Related to distribution, its independent distribution.

OK, I’m kinda confused. If you build and sign in Xcode, using Apple Development, does that work?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

That we havent tried yet. Because our build machine and code sign machines are different. So where we build Apple Development identity is not deployed. Do you think that will help ?

Well, it’ll definitely help (-: Whether it’ll resolve this problem, it’s hard to say. My guess is probably not, but I’m going to recommend it anyway because ad hoc sign code can run into all sorts of problems (for example, you’ll see lots of weird behaviour when you try to access the keychain).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”